These days, having swift access to the internet is getting to become one of the most important things since a lot of things now have been digitalized and are now done primarily online. Ranging from communication to socialization, down to marketing, the power of the internet can’t be underestimated.
Due to these, more and more people are getting not to be able to do without using the internet. This is the reason why the power of fast internet access can never be overlooked. Having a fast internet connection makes you enjoy your digital experience while as well, being able to meet up with your day-to-day schedules.
This is where the service of the Arris Surfboard SVG2482AC comes in. The modem router combo device is one that helps you get on track with your internet experience while as well meeting up with other important things you need to take care of.
With a fast internet speed, you don’t have to wait for tens of seconds before getting a web page loaded. Apart from this, the device also has a lot of unique features which makes it quite extraordinary and all these are what I’ll be discussing in this article alongside Arris Surfboard SVG2482AC review.
Arris Surfboard SVG2482AC Specifications
If you have been searching for modems for a while now, there is no way you probably won’t have came across the name, Arris. The company is a popular manufacturer of modems, routers, and other networking devices. They are one of the biggest and have most of their products featured as top on various stores and review platforms.
The Surfboard SVG2482AC is yet another product by the manufacturer and just like always, another great device.
The Arris Surfboard SVG2482AC is a modem router combo device that helps you get access to the internet much faster, reliable, and secure. The device might a bit old compared to other Arris’s products like Arris Surfboard SB8200, Arris Surfboard SB6190, and others, but the modem router combo feature of the product and some other features makes it still good for you to use.
- DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem
- 24 download x 8 upload channels
- 4 x 1 Gigabit Ethernet ports
- 2 telephony ports
- 802.11AC Wi-Fi speeds up to 1750 Mbps
- Optimized for use with Xfinity Internet & Voice Service
- Optional battery backup for placing and receiving voice calls during power outages
Let’s a deeper insight at some of the features of the device.
Design And Layout
The Arris Surfboard SVG2482AC is measured to be roughly around 2.25 x 8 x 9.4 inches in dimension and weighs up to 1 pound in terms of weight.
The device is one that has been designed with the front case having a series of light indicators to show the current status of its main features. The indicators are labeled as follows:
- Power: This is a green indicator that helps to know whenever the device is on.
- US/DS: This helps to indicate the current upload/download speed of the modem router device.
- Online: It helps you to know whenever your device wifi is broadcasting and is ready to be used.
- 2.4 GHz: This indicator helps to know when the 2.4 GHz feature of the device is currently active.
- 5 GHz: This also does the same job and helps you to know when the 5 GHz feature is working. I will be talking more about the 2.4 and 5 GHz features later in this article.
- Tel 1 and Tel 2: This helps to know when the telephone attached to the device has been connected and ready to be used.
- Battery: Last but not the lease is the battery indicator which helps to show the current status and percentage of the device’s battery.
The back section of the ARRIS Surfboard SVG2482AC casing consists mainly of input ports which have been divided into 6 parts i.e the 2 USB ports, 2 telephone ports, 4 ethernet ports, cable port, MoCA, and power port. Apart from these, the reset button is also located there which helps to restart the device.
The Arris Surfboard SVG2482AC makes use of the latest modem technology, DOCSIS 3.0, which supports up to 24 downstream and 8 upstream DOCSIS channels which help you get an ultra-faster internet speed when properly set.
It supports a maximum download speed of up to 1 Gbps which of no doubts you may not be able to attain any up to with a poor connection. Although with a good and strong internet connection, you should be able to reach something close. The wifi speed has also been tested to have reached up to 1.7 Gbps which is not too bad for a modem-router device like Arris Surfboard SVG2482AC.
The device supports both the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz bandwidth, which thus provides you with a long-distance capable and stronger wifi signal.
Apart from the internet capability of the Arris Surfboard SVG2482AC, it also supports the use of voice service which is quite an amazing feature and is recorded to be the first modem router combo, to also support voice service.
The Arris Surfboard SVG2482AC device strictly works with only the Xfinity cable internet provider so make sure you are using Xfinity or ready to switch to it before going ahead to make a purchase of the Arris Surfboard SVG2482AC.
Arris Surfboard SVG2482AC Review
With the insights that have been made about the Arris Surfboard SVG2482AC, it clearly shows that it is one of the best modems out there an as you might have know, Arris is one big networking devices company with major of their products being top in the market.
But wait! Let’s quickly take a look at some of the pros and cons of the product so you can get a better understanding of why you should buy or not buy the product.
Pros: What’s Good About It?
- Easy to install and configure.
- Fast download speed of up to 1 Gbps.
- Dual-Band for wide connection coverage.
- DOCSIS 3.0 channels for up to 24 downstream x 8 upstream.
- Good for gaming, streaming, and surfing.
- Supports digital voice service with two telephony ports.
- AC1750 Wi-Fi Access Point with 4 x 1 Gigabit Ethernet ports.
Cons: What’s Bad About It?
- Compatible with only Xfinity cable internet providers.
- Not handy so can only be used a fixed position e.g home, office, school, bank e.t.c
If you were asked after reading this article if the Arris Surfboard SVG2482AC is worth buying or not? I know you will definitely have one or more reasons to say either yes or now. Whichever decision you make is okay, as long as it what will work for you.
Just in case you will like me to recommend, I’ll definitely recommend you buy it because this modem is one which I personally made a lot of thorough research about found out to be working well.
Also read: Netgear C7800 Review
So, guys, that will be all for today on Arris Surfboard SVG2482AC review. Have any questions? Please, drop them in the comments section below.