The Arris Surfboard SB6190 happens to be another popular modem made with very high and amazing specs for people with an average budget. The modem comes with a lot of features which makes it quite different and outstands from others.
In this article, we will be taking an insight at Arris Surfboard SB6190 Review, and in the end, you will get to know if it worth buying or not.
Arris Surfboard SB6190 Review
Just like every other product, Surfboard SB6190 is yet another modem made by the popular modem manufacturing company, Arris. The product was released in April 2017 and is currently one of the 20 Best Selling Computer and Accessories.
Arris SB6190 is one which shows compatibility with major and top United States’ cable internet provider such as Cox, Spectrum, Xfinity & others. So, in case you make use of any of these and other cable internet providers, you are definitely going to love trying it out.
Arris SB6190 has the capacity to download at a rate of up to 1.4 Gbps which makes it very fast and much more useful. So in case you are experiencing a slow internet speed, then this modem is most likely for you.
Another thing you need to know is that Arris AB6190 does not support Wi-Fi or VoIP telephone adapter, due to the fact that it doesn’t have an inbuilt router but just a modem. The only amazing thing is that it does have an ethernet port through which you can connect a router or your PC. The ethernet port supports a data transfer speed of up to 1 Gigabit.
Arris SB6190 makes use of the DOCSIS 3.0 technology which enables it to support multiple downstream and upstream channels usage at a goal.
- Manufacturer – Arris
- Dimension – 7.15 x 4.5 x 6.11 inches
- Weight – 1 pounds
- Download Speed – 1.5 Gbps
- Downstream x Upstream Channels – 32 x 8
- Gigabit Ethernet Port – 1
- Voltage – 115 volts
- Processor – Intel
- Compatible with major Cable Internet Providers in the United States such as Cox, Spectrum, Xfinity, and many others.
- DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem for Ultrafast internet speed which can be used for video streaming, gaming, shopping, downloading, working, high-quality voice and video recording, and many others.
- 1 Gigabit Ethernet port for connecting to wi-fi router or other devices.
- Easy to use, install, and set-up.
- Cable digital voice service unsupported.
- Incompatible with DSL or Fiber internet providers including ATT, Verizon, CenturyLink, and others.
- WiFi excluded.
From the insight we’ve made so far, it’s quite clear that Arris Surfboard SB6190 is what you should look out for when wanting to purchase a modem. The pros and specs have made that clear and as for the cons, it definitely isn’t anything to worry over as the issues are very minor.
If I was to answer the question, does it worth buying?
My answer would have definitely been yes! Why? This is because it is one of the best modems one can ever get out there especially in a case where the speed and reliability are important.
Have anything to say? Please, drop them in the comments section below or visit our contact page.